Shuga Jazz Bistro

There aren't very many restaurants I go to where I feel like screaming "OMIGODTHAT'SGOOD!" I go to a lot of restaurants that are pretty good. And pretty good is good enough most of the time. But when you taste that once in a while food that's just so exquisite, you have to tell people. I've eaten food that good recently. The place is Shuga Jazz Bistro, 317 Main Ave S, Renton 425-274-3074, www.shugajazzbistro.com. There's live jazz there five nights a week, and the place is very pleasant place to hang out in. The missus and I have been there twice, both times for Happy Hour, which runs 4-6( weekdays only?). The chef and partner is Wayne Johnson, who most recently was the executive chef at Ray's Boathouse in Seattle. Before that, he was the main man at Andaluca in downtown Seattle. He was a contestant on Iron Chef three years ago. He knows what he's doing. He's one of Seattle's hot shot chefs,and now he's in Renton. And in Renton he's doing what he wants, which, in this case, is upscale Southern/Cajun/Soul Food. Best fried chicken I've ever tasted. Cajun deviled eggs were fantastic. The bacon cheese burger is quality, juicy, and delicious. A Happy Hour steal at six bucks, with home made fries included. The Wedge Salad, iceberg with tomatoes, bleu cheese, and bacon, is melt in your mouth delicious. We also had the roasted marinated seasonal veggies, which included zucchini, red and green peppers, mushrooms, and collard greens. Can you say awesome? The black eyed peas hummus is also really good. I'm looking forward to coming back and trying the oysters( raw or pan fried), roasted mussels, blackened salmon, catfish, gumbo, and shrimp( fried, bacon wrapped, or in a blackened shrimp linguine) Service is friendly and competent. Prices are reasonable considering the quality and type of restaurant it is, and Happy Hour is a great bargain. Overall it's pricier, and way better, than most restaurants in Renton. The food's pretty amazing. Go there.

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

Flour, Sugar, and More