Paranormal Pie in Rainier Beach














Paranormal Pie recently opened in Rainier Beach, at 9435 Rainier Ave S., 206-721-7777) where Giorgina's Pizza recently existed, a couple of doors north of Maya's Mexican Restaurant.
Someone on the Rainier Beach/Skyway Facebook page recently stated that they went there, the prices were reasonable, and that they also have hummus. I figured " What kind of places have Hummus?" and figured it had to be Middle Eastern or Middle Eastern influenced. I like pizza, a lot. I also like Middle Eastern food, a lot. So what did I have to lose?
The menu has quite a few Middle Eastern(Lebanese, to be specific) selections, so this time I chose to skip pizza. The south end of Seattle, and Renton now have a number of good pizza places, ranging from Tutta Bella in Columbia City, to Bar Del Corso on Beacon Hill, to Pulcinella on the Rainier Beach/Lakeridge border, to Via Tribunali in Georgetown, to Flying Squirrel near Seward park, to Smoking Monkey in downtown Renton.  But where can you find Lebanese food? Maybe four or five places in the entire Seattle area, and Lebanese food is good. I'll probably go back to Paranormal to try their pizza.  The picture in the middle is what they call a" triangular shaped calzone". I've had it in other Lebanese restaurants called "Fetayer Jibneh". It's  stuffed with marinated spinach and three cheeses. It's heavenly. out of this world good.  So is the babaghanouj.
The photo on the left (or on top, depending on what kind of device you're seeing this on)is one the Paranormal Pie specialties, a Manaish(I've seen it also spelled manoushe), described as thin crust Mediterranean style pie. That one is the Zaatar pie. Zaatar is a middle eastern spice blend made with thyme, sumac, sesame seeds,  and olive oil. It was a lovely snack, but without cheese, meat, or vegetables, I wouldn't consider it a real substitute for pizza, nor is it intended to be.
On the right( or the bottom, depending) is another Manaish, the Greek Gyro manaish. With pizza sauce, mozzarella, Gyro meat, onion, pepper, feta, and tzatziki sauce. Like the triangular spinach calzone, the Greek gyro manaish was insanely good. They also have a "Halal Pie" manaish, which is also known as a Lahmajoun, beef mixed with onion, tomato, spices, and topped with tzatziki sauce. We didn't order it, but it's on the list of things to try for the next visit. I've got a huge appetite, but I can't eat everything. The sandwiches also looked good, and are a good deal at 5.95.  I brought a meatball sandwich home for my son, and he said it was very good.
Prices are indeed reasonable, a good thirty percent less expensive than the more upscale pizza places listed above. Paranormal Pizza is more of a "normal" pizza place. They don't fly the tomatoes  and flour in from Italy. They spend nothing on decor. Everything is served on paper plates. You don't go there for the ambience. But the service is friendly, and  the prices are good, There is a decent amount to choose from for non meat eaters, too.
Paranormal Pie is a great place to eat pizza if you live in the Rainier Beach neighborhood, or want to try good Lebanese food.

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

Flour, Sugar, and More