Restaurant Roundup Redux

Just a few things to report:

1. Papa John's Pizza has announced that everytime the Seattle Mariners score five or more runs in a game, regular menu prices are 50% off the next day, if you order online. There are a few problems with this: One- the pizza sucks. I suppose if you're hungry and broke and don't care much about taste, good deal! Two- The total number of runs the Mariners have scored in the last four games combined? Four.  It's not a deal you'll likely be able to take advantage of too often. Three- When the Affordable Care act went into effect, Papa Johns turned  many of their employees into part timers, so they wouldn't have to cover their benefits. At the same time, they raised prices fifty cents per pizza to cover the benefit costs, and at the same time ran a promotion giving away millions of pizza. The CEO of Papa Johns, John Schatter, is an outspoken opponent of an increased minimum wage, was a donator to Donald Trump, and reportedly singled out non Trump voters to be laid off. It's been a while since I've had a Papa John's pizza, and it'll probably be a while longer.

2, Speaking of pizza, tomorrow, May 25th, Smoking Monkey Pizza( 613 S. 3rd St, Renton) will be starting their new lunch buffet, which will include pizza, pasta, and salad, from 11-2 weekdays. When I think of pizza lunch buffets, I think of Godfather's and Shakey's, which I frequented too often in my younger days. A dilemna- all you can eat, but fairly nasty tasting food. Smoking Monkey is different: Their pizza is very good. Because I'm all too capable of eating large quantities, I'll try not to make it too much of a habit. Besides, when they see me coming, they'll probably put out the marshmallow and liver pizza, saying that's all that's available.

3. Burger Addict(2439 Maple Valley Hwy, Renton) is putting together a couple of food trucks, so you may see their burgers in more places. Burger Addict is one of the few burger joints owned by a Michelin rated chef, and they make a very credible faro and black bean veggie burger, and truffle oil fries. I'm pretty fussy about burgers, no matter where from, and I like to eat them where they're made. I find burgers to go or delivered  from anybody just not as good: fries get soggy, the bun loses crispness. So go there and eat, and get one from their food truck, which should happen soon.

4. I don't know why it took me so long to try it, but  Rainier Beach's Redwing Cafe(9272 57th Ave S, Seattle) is quite the treat. Open only for breakfast and lunch, they bake their own breads and cookies, some gluten free, and have lots of vegetarian(as well as non vegetarian) options to choose from. Nice, comfortable space.

Comments

  1. We are eating breakfast here right now, and it's famtastic! A quick drive from Benson Hill, gonna come back here OFTEN. Beautiful service, easy parking, perfect food. like being in Friday harbor and Portland :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

Flour, Sugar, and More