Renton bars with numbers in their names for 500, Alex.

Befitting an old coal town, and a factory town, Renton is blessed with a lot of places to go out for a beer.  I have been to a few, especially those places that also serve at least pretty good food. If I just want a beer, I'll usually go to the most excellent Four Generals brewery, but if I also want a meal, I have a big choice. There are places that strive to serve food that's a cut above typical pub food, like The Whistle Stop Ale House( the Verona burger is a thing of beauty) or The Brick, both places that also feature a variety of microbrewed beers.  The Red House is more of a classy restaurant that also has a wide selection of great beer.  There are places that serve top notch pub food, and have a limited selection of microbrewed beer available( like the Williams Avenue Pub, with great wings, Philly cheese steak, and ribs),there are Vietnamese dive bars with Vietnamese chicken wings and clams( The Burnett) and then there are those places with numbers in their names.
I've been going to the Local 907 ( 907 S. 3rd St, downtown Renton)for years, and to it's previous incarnation as DC's before that. it's a clean and friendly place, with a lot of good beers on tap. The people who work there are especially nice and competent,  the food is good, and reasonably priced. You'd never walk into the 907 and dismiss it as a dive bar, because it isn't.  They have a very good happy hour, and they have a great black bean burger on their regular menu.
These days I'm 95% vegetarian. My biggest health complaint is an enlarged prostate, and I've read that two thirds of men over 50 also suffer from it . I also read that diet can affect it. That eating meat, drinking alcohol, and drinking coffee can make it worse. I'm not about to stop drinking alcohol( I have a beer a week or so) and you'll have to pry my coffee cup from my cold dead hands before I give up coffee. Giving up meat is easier, as I've never been a huge meat fan to begin with. Nonetheless, every once in a while I'll get the urge to eat meat, and if it's only a rare occasion and not a huge portion, my prostate doesn't complain. Which brings me to the other Renton bar with a number in it's title, the Hangar 205( 205 Airport Way, Renton).
The Hangar 205 is a dive bar, no question about it. I'd been there a couple of years ago for BBQ ribs, which were quite good. Then a couple of weeks ago we went again, based on good online reviews. We'd tried going a few weeks before that, but it was too crowded and noisy. But this time it was empty. I was hoping for some vegetarian option, but there were very few. And since it had been a solid few weeks since I'd eaten meat, I figured " What the heck", and ordered a bleu cheese and bacon burger. They list their burgers as being blend of brisket and chuck, which I hadn't seen anywhere else. It turned out to be a terrific burger. And the fries were hot and crisp.  Unusual for a bar is the fact that the Hangar 205 serves breakfast, and serves breakfast all day. The herbivore omelet was tempting, and I'll probably have it the next time I go.
Any other Renton bars that have numbers in their names?

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

Flour, Sugar, and More