Pizza Addict?

A few weeks ago I happened to drive by a pizza place near the Renton Ikea store, and out of curiosity, looked them up on the internet. The place is called Pizza Addict, 1250 SW 43rd St. ,Renton.
Well, Golly Gee they get good reviews! 4.5 out of 5 on Yelp, the only pizza place in Renton rated that highly. Lots of gushing about how great they are. So I had to try it.

If I don't like a place, I'll generally not blog about it.  But I'm genuinely baffled about all the good reviews. Where these reviews written by the owner's family? Were they written by people who know nothing about pizza?
I'll try to be fair here, as charitable as possible. I like almost all pizza, even pretty bad pizza, so none got left over. And the Caprese salad was good.
They have two different types of crust: wood fired, and flash fried.  We tried the wood fired crust,  ordering the Classic veggie.  I found it disappointing, mediocre. Diane said she would rather be eating a Domino's pizza( that's not a compliment). Their website claims that they have an unrelenting love for great pizza. And maybe they do love great pizza. and maybe their flash fried crust is good, but I didn't try it. I don't have a problem with thin crust pizza. Authentic Neapolitan pizza is thin crusted. But this was kind of insipid, soggy in spots, and burnt in others. The veggies weren't pre cooked, so maybe them cooking somewhat during baking contributed to the sogginess.

 Renton has good pizza.

Smoking Monkey's crust is uniformly excellent, one of the best pizza crusts in the Seattle area( and to me, the crust is the most important part of the pizza), and has a fun, science fiction atmosphere( with Star Trek beers available), and great fried cauliflower.

Angelo's is consistently very good, and they have great service, and always nice people working there. As well as good Greek salad. It's a friendly place that reminds me of New Jersey pizzerias: Plastic checkered tablecloths, and people who care about the quality of their product.

Jay Berry's is not my style of pizza crust, but once you start eating it, it's very hard to stop. and they've got good lunch and happy hour specials, and decent pasta too. Years ago it housed Leonard's Restaurant, which was one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten at in my life. They're way better than their previous incarnation.

But Pizza Addict? Just based on the one visit, I don't feel a strong urge to return. and I'm still baffled by the great reviews, in Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
Maybe they do have an unrelenting love for great pizza. It would be nice if they also served great pizza.


Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

You don't need to feel awful about falafel