The Smoking Monkey Pizza Challenge

About five days ago, I read on Smoking Monkey Pizza's Facebook page that they were issuing a challenge. Eat an entire fourteen inch "Scorpion Ghost" pizza within 25 minutes, you'll get the pizza free, and they'll throw in some gelato as the prize. The Scorpion Ghost pizza is topped with Trinidad Scorpion peppers, ghost peppers, habanero peppers, and the marinara sauce is infused with cayenne, hot pepper flakes, and Tabasco. I'm a pretty good real estate agent. But I'm a great pizza eater. About 33 years ago, The Broadway Merchants association on Seattle's Capitol Hill sponsored a bunch of eating contests as part of their street festival. I ate an entire sixteen inch pizza then in four minutes and thirty seconds, so it seemed to me that even if I've slowed down with age, twenty five minutes seemed generous. What I didn't account for was how quite hot it was. Dang! But I did it, yesterday. Ate the whole thing in fourteen minutes. It was painful, and I paid the price later( I won't go into detail, but do the letters BAS mean anything to you?). Smoking Monkey makes excellent pizza, and I do like things a little bit spicy. But that hot? No. I'm just proud that " I still got it", and I've proven that once an idiot... Feel free to congratulate me, or offer your sympathies.

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting some old standbys

Soon to open restaurants in the Renton area

Flour, Sugar, and More